RARA-AVIS: RE: leonard / perspectives

From: Chris Bahn ( Chris_Bahn@citysearch.com)
Date: 05 Feb 2001

> Picked up an old one of Elmore Leonard's, The Hunted. Excellent, of
course,
> and so very intereting to see how his style has changed over the years.

I bought this about three months ago, thinking it was a brand new book, at the Detroit airport. Later, I realized that they must stock copies of it permanently because the opening scene is set in the Detroit airport.

> Forgive me if this has been discussed already, but I was wondering if
> anyone knows of a series in which some books are written in first person
> and others in the same series are written in third. I'm not, by the way,
> referring to the third-person prologue that precedes the first-person
> narration in the body of the story.

Stark's Parker series is never exactly written from first-person, but each book always begins from Parker's perspective, then switches to either an omniscient or a multi-character 3-person perspective, then back to Parker's for the close.