Re: RARA-AVIS: Switching points of view

From: Juri Nummelin ( jurnum@utu.fi)
Date: 03 Feb 2001

Steve Miller wrote:

> Forgive me if this has been discussed already, but I was wondering if
> anyone knows of a series in which some books are written in first person
> and others in the same series are written in third. I'm not, by the way,
> referring to the third-person prologue that precedes the first-person
> narration in the body of the story.

There are books in the Nick Carter series that are written in the third person and books that are written in the first person. Robert Randisi's "The Greet Summit", one of the best in the series, is a very hardboiled novel and totally in the first person. Other Carters Randisi wrote (there are six or seven) are in the third person.

Juri