R: RARA-AVIS: Rockford/Browne

From: Manuela Selvi ( manuelaselvi@tiscalinet.it)
Date: 02 Feb 2001

Last year I wrote a short biographical essay on Howard Browne, with a special focus on the Italian edition of THIN AIR, the only Browne novel ever translated in my native language, in 1966.

(By the way, if any of you can read Italian, my short piece is here: http://digilander.iol.it/gialloweb/ , in the "recensioni" and then "libri" sections.)

In that article I spoke also of a couple of books which had been translated in Italian in the mid-fifties, and whose authors I have almost no info about. They are: SPIN THE GLASS WEB (1952), by Max Ehrlich (who later wrote THE REINCARNATION OF PETER PROUD, as far as I know), and NOW, WILL YOU TRY FOR MURDER by Harry Olesker. Olesker, in particular, is a total unknown to me. I only know of another novel of his, EXIT DYING, dating from the late Fifties.

Any info?

Later, Luca