Re: RARA-AVIS: Rockford/Browne

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 02 Feb 2001

Bill wrote:

"I read it (Howard Browne's THIN AIR). Excellent short novel. I'll have to start rereading his Paul Pine books soon. It's been a long time since I first read them."

Perhaps a Howard Browne month in the future? It's been a while since I've read him, too. I'd be interested to see if I still think so highly of him. (One of my happiest finds was A Taste for Ashes, long before it got reprinted.) It would also get me to finally read Pork City, which I've had sitting around for a while.

On a semi-related note, how many detective shows have remade Thin Air? I've seen it on Rockford and Simon & Simon. Were there others I don't recall or never saw?

Mark