Re: RARA-AVIS: Recent Purchases

From: Jim Beaver ( jumblejim@prodigy.net)
Date: 02 Feb 2001

I think there was a brief discussion of VIOLENT SATURDAY a year or two back on rara-avis. I had just read the book, drawn by my fondness for the film version (Victor Mature, Sylvia Sidney, and Richard Egan {as Boyd, below}). I liked the book very much, but it seems to be the only book of its sort that Heath wrote, as far as I can tell. Searches I've done for other books by him have turned up mainly children's books and teen-oriented stuff. I highly recommend both the novel and the film.

Jim Beaver