Re: RARA-AVIS: leonard

From: BetsyaW@aol.com
Date: 02 Feb 2001

In a message dated 2/2/01 9:26:05 AM, cshafer@chipsnet.com writes:

<< Picked up an old one of Elmore Leonard's, The Hunted. Excellent, of course,

and so very intereting to see how his style has changed over the years. >>

A newbie question (always wanted to use that word, and now I have & it's over). Have you all ever discussed Leonard's change in writing style? I like Swag, City Primeval, the novels from that era the best. For the past 10 years, he's unleashed the standup comic yearning to get out and play among the granny-bashers, bailbondsmen, gun dealers, ex-cons, ex-nuns and punk-rock record promoters. I thought he was more entertaining when he was less bouncy. Betsy