Re: RARA-AVIS: willeford

From: kip.stratton@ni.com
Date: 26 Jan 2001

"There's another one by him that, I think, deals with his WWII

experiences, but I haven't been able to find it.

scott"

It's called SOMETHING ABOUT A SOLDIER and, even better than dealing with WWII, it deals with the "peace-time" Army in the Pacific just prior to the war -- in my opinion, a pretty good companion piece to James Jones' FROM HERE TO ETERNITY, which deals with the same topic fictionally. It's now available in THE COLLECTED MEMOIRS OF CHARLES WILLEFORD, which also includes I WAS LOOKING FOR A STREET. And, yes, it's well worth reading..

Later....Kip