RARA-AVIS: froggy Ellroy...

From: Steve Novak ( cinefrog@mediaone.net)
Date: 25 Jan 2001

Well...i'll let evrybody decide for themselves...but i just got this afternoon, an answer from rompol (french rara-avis) that yes, indeed there is a character called Mesplede in the upcoming book from Ellroy to be published in France soon and which is the second part of Ellroy's trilogy of books about the Kennedy Era. The book will be called in france "American Death Trip" which will be a different title than the US one and yes indeed, there is in it a character called Mesplede who comes back several times in the book. In fact his CV (resume) of anticommunist mercenary killer goes on for about two typed pages I'm being told (less than that in print for sure)...

This follows this morning's e-mail from Craig Mc Donald who assured me/us that his advanced copy of the US version of the book didn't have such a character....

Anyway...fundamentally who cares...we'll see when we get the book in both version and.... if there is such a character all the best to the frog readers since Mesplede is such a household name for us french fans of the
'polar' genre.....

Case closed...

Merci for the info

Steve... le Montois de Dé´˛oit