Re: RARA-AVIS: The Way We Die Now

From: Mark Blumenthal ( blumenidiot@21stcentury.net)
Date: 18 Jan 2001

From: < BetsyaW@aol.com> wrote,

> I know Charles's plan for a fifth Hoke was to have him transferred to
> Internal Affairs. He had already done some research when he died in 1988,
but
> had yet to write anything.

Actually, Hoke is transferred to IA at the end of DIE NOW. It seems a fitting close to the series.

This is the only book that concentrates almost exclusively on Hoke. A lot of the humor present in SIDESWIPE, and to a lesser extent, the others, is absent. Because of this grimness I don't think the burst of violence provided as much of a shock as did the one in SIDESWIPE. Mark