Re: RARA-AVIS: CHARLES McCLUSKY -facts or legend?

From: Etienne Borgers ( freeweb@rocketmail.com)
Date: 13 Jan 2001

Apologies for the two typos! Name of the writer is well McCLUSKY (in the document I have- not McClumsky).

Juri wrote
> CHARLES McCLUSKY, facts or legend?
>There was a pulp writer called Thorp McClusky, who
>wrote
>for Weird Tales and some crime mags and who later on
>switched to slick
>magazines. Is this the same guy

I have 3 aliases for McClusky, that he used for short stories in magazines, and one is very close to the name you found: Thorp McClosky : "Madman Surgery", Horror Stories- July 1939 Otis Cameron: "Busline for the Dead", Startling Mystery- Feb 1940 Larry Freud : "The Murder's Holiday", Dime Mystery- date?

He wrote about 40 short stories, but there is no list. He claimed to have used a lot more aliases when doing so.

E.Borgers Hard-Boiled Mysteries http://www.geocities.com/Athens/6384