RARA-AVIS: RE:Stone For Danny Fisher

From: Dick Lochte ( dlock@ix.netcom.com)
Date: 12 Jan 2001

As far as I can remember, A Stone For Danny Fisher is about a young guy from the wrong side of the tracks who gets involved in crime. A James T. Farrell-like, gritty street-corner study, very much unlike Robbins' later romans a clef (roman a clefs?). The Presley film was set in New Orleans, but the book took place in New York, or maybe Chicago. Not much singing in the book either. In a long ago interview, Robbins told me it was his favorite novel. May also have been his first.

Dick Lochte