Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: New Hope for the Vocabulary-Challenged

From: Robert Centor ( rcentor@yahoo.com)
Date: 12 Jan 2001

Iatrogenic - a complication caused by medical treatment.

Context might help -

despite an initially smooth recovery from his appendectomy, he became very ill due to an iatrogenic infection

the iatrogenic infection refers to an infection acquired during hospitalization

I hope that is both accurate and helpful