Re: RARA-AVIS: Willeford and teeth

From: BetsyaW@aol.com
Date: 08 Jan 2001

In a message dated 1/7/01 10:49:20 PM, buff@pobox.com writes:

<< There was some talk about food in Willeford books, but I'd like to know about a related item, teeth. In MIAMI BLUES Freddy steals Hoke's dentures, Susan's teeth are described, Hoke pops his choppers out to show them off, etc. Hoke's dentures are mentioned in all the books, and his daughters have those braces. Did Willeford mention teeth in other books? I can't remember if they come up elsewhere. I wonder if he had dental problems.>>

Charles had worse teeth than George Washington. I always thought the dental and denture problems were symbols of Hoke's vulnerability. Betsy