RARA-AVIS: Traffic

From: Kevin Burton Smith ( kvnsmith@colba.net)
Date: 06 Jan 2001

See it. I just did, and it's an awesome slab of a movie, sort of like war footage from various fronts. The questions are hardboiled, the answers noir.

And this kid Benicio Del Toro? Watch him.

I mean, in the span of a year and change, he's in WAY OF THE GUN, TRAFFIC, SNATCH and Sean Penn's upcoming THE PLEDGE with Jack Nicholson? He must be on to something.

--

Kevin Burton Smith The Thrilling Detective Web Site http://www.thrillingdetective.com
Now online: The 3rd Annual Cheap Thrill Awards. Christmas Gifts. New fiction by Laura Lippman, Scott Wolven and Anthony Rain. And the debut of Tim Broderick's ODD JOBS. -- # To unsubscribe from the regular list, say "unsubscribe rara-avis" to # majordomo@icomm.ca. This will not work for the digest version. # The web pages for the list are at http://www.miskatonic.org/rara-avis/ .