Re: RARA-AVIS: Marvin Albert

From: Etienne Borgers ( freeweb@rocketmail.com)
Date: 05 Jan 2001

Juri,

In French : disparaî´²e (verb) and disparition (noun)
(literally: disappearing) means also the person you speak of is dead. In a kind of metaphoric way, but it's a quite usual expression in that language.

I was myself briefly in contact with Martin, two years ago, in the hope to translate into English the invaluable research he did about hard-boiled lit authors, for his now defunct magazine "HB Dicks". I had the idea to publish some of them in my Hard-Boiled Mysteries web-site He was open to the idea, but lack of time on my side, and distance, all made I could not materialize the idea.

E.Borgers Hard-Boiled Mysteries http://www.geocities.com/Athens/6384