Re: RARA-AVIS: Marvin Albert

From: Etienne Borgers ( freeweb@rocketmail.com)
Date: 05 Jan 2001

I suppose Roger Martin and Juri were referring to the death of Marvin in 1996 in France where he lived since the early 80's. So the assembly of short stories by French writers was in fact a literary "hommage" to Albert.

Mixed feelings about his work (more than 80 books I think) can easily happen due to great variations in quality. IMO the best is to find under his pseudonym Al Conroy, and some western novels (very close to HB/Noir) he published under his real name.

Other aliases: Anthony Rome Mike Barone Nick Quarry

He was still publishing crime novels when living in France, mainly under his real name.

I take the opportunity to wish a very good 2001 to all of the list followers. Be it very HB and Noir... in your readings only!

E.Borgers Hard-Boiled Mysteries http://www.geocities.com/Athens/6384

He also wrote quite a number of novelisations