RARA-AVIS: Re Albert Salmi

From: Roy & Sandra Grabman ( rgrabman@texhoma.net)
Date: 03 Jan 2001

Hello.

This is my first posting to this list, so please bear with me if I don't do it quite right on the first try.

In your archives are a couple references to the late character actor, Albert Salmi. One of them says that he didn't seem to be listed on the Internet Movie Database. He does, indeed, have a very good listing there.

Another posting mentions that he killed his wife and then himself. There are a lot of holes in that theory. For instance, do you realize he and his wife were shot with two different guns? Another odd fact is that he was shot in the heart. Albert was left-handed, so that would make it rather difficult for him to do that to himself. (Not impossible, of course, but quite difficult.) The two bodies were found the next day - his upstairs and hers downstairs. The coroner arrived at an estimated time of death for Mrs. Salmi, but not for Albert. His simply says "unknown". I suspect he was shot first. Puzzling, isn't it?

stg