Re: RARA-AVIS: Holiday reads

From: Juri Nummelin ( jurnum@utu.fi)
Date: 03 Jan 2001

Anders Engwall wrote:

> Spent the christmas/new year's week reading a bunch
> of guys I wasn't familiar with before. Two of them
> turned out to be good enough to warrant further
> examination: "Catch a Tiger" by Owen Cameron and
> "Masquerade in Blue" by Glenn M. Barns. Does anyone
> know anything about these guys?

I know only what my old Hubin tells me:

Glenn Miller Barns, had a series character called Jonathan Marks (not in your book, though), active from 1953 to 1968, with some lapses. Published in Ace, Phoenix and Arcadia and other paperback houses.

Owen Cameron (1905-?), dozen or so novels from 1946 to 1958. Published in Simon, Doubleday and Harper, so he wasn't a paperback hack. "Catch a Tiger" was published by Simon in 1952.

Juri