RARA-AVIS: Thunder Road

From: abc@wt.net
Date: 02 Jan 2001

Thanks to Jim for the kind comments on Too Late to Die. And thanks to Dick and Mark for the tips on where to find "Thunder Road." I almost hate to admit this, but, being an old guy, I actually saw THUNDER ROAD in the theater, and I still remember parts of it. It was a huge hit with the adolescent boys I hung around with. I probably have the song somewhere on a 45, and
(God help me) I know I have Mitchum's version of "Mama Look at Bubu" on 45. The other lines of the "Thunder Road" chorus ("The law they swore they'd get him, but the Devil got him first") seem pretty noir to me, all right.

Bill Crider