RARA-AVIS: RE: Thunder Road Theme

From: Dick Lochte ( dlock@ix.netcom.com)
Date: 03 Jan 2001

Bill, the song, which Mitchum wrote by the way, is available as an added cut on "Calypso Is Like So," a Scamp Records CD version of the old 1950s longplay of him singing songs of the Caribbean. In dialect, yet. It's a weirdly great album. He once told me that of all the movies he'd made,
"Thunder Road" was the only one where he'd had full control and he felt he'd screwed it up. The movie isn't exactly the "Citizen Kane" of bootleg flicks, but it has its moments.

Dick Lochte