Re: RARA-AVIS: Willeford, Edward Bunker and Jim Thompson

From: kip.stratton@ni.com
Date: 01 Jan 2001

Bill Crider wrote: Both wrote in the beginning for small paperback houses
(Thompson for Lion, Popular Library, etc., Willeford for Novel Books, Beacon, and others), and both were later "discovered."

Hey Bill --

You know, I just found a flaw in Polito's SAVAGE ART (the biography of Jim Thompson). There's no bibliography of Thompson's work included. But didn't he start out writing proletarian novels that were published in hardback before he became a "paperback writer" (sorry, listening to the Beatles as I write) for Lion in the '50s?

Later....Kip