Re: RARA-AVIS: Willeford/Himes

From: Maura McMillan ( mmcm@azstarnet.com)
Date: 01 Jan 2001

grimhaven's literary worth aside, it is crucial to keep in mind that willeford wrote the thing in response to a publisher's suggestion that he write a sequel to the first hoke. he was disinclined to do so, extremely, and wrote grimhaven very quickly as a deliberate attempt to make his agent drop the request. you want a sequel? I'll give you a sequel. how's this???