Re: RARA-AVIS: Questions about authors

From: GN ( piesbook@execpc.com)
Date: 22 Dec 2000

> Richard Barre

I think Barre's books are some of the finest writing of the 90s in the P. I. field. His detective is troubled, yet effective. There is a little romance, and some good plotting. His use of language is his strength. Although I enjoyed them all, I particularly enjoyed BLACKHEART HIGHWAY.

> Les Roberts

As to the Roberts, my series preference is the Jacovich over the Saxon. This entire series is steady, dependable and a good example of contemporary P. I. fiction that works.

Best, GWN Gary Warren Niebuhr P. I. E. S. (Private Investigator Entertainment Service) P. O. Box 341218 Milwaukee, WI 53234 piesbook@execpc.com http://www.execpc.com/~piesbook/piescatalog.html