RARA-AVIS: HandHeldCrime Issue 9 (cross-posted)

From: Victoria Esposito-Shea ( victoria@esposito-shea.com)
Date: 15 Dec 2000

Jamey and I are pleased to announce that Issue 9 of HandHeldCrime is now available, either for download or to read on the Web, at http://www.handheldcrime.com/.

Once again, J. Michael Blue discusses a hard-boiled author who doesn't get the respect he deserves; this time it's George P. Pelecanos (um, hi, Mr. Pelecanos), in the bi-monthly column we publish jointly with Plots With Guns. In addition, we're proud to present Patricia Alameda's debut, a new story by Ray Nayler, and installment 2 of David Kearns' sun-drenched novel THE MUCKRAKERS. And Kevin Burton Smith, a writer, critic and iconoclast and the editor of the e-zine Thrilling Detective, kicks the whole thing off with this issue's guest intro.

As ever, we hope you enjoy the issue and look forward to your feedback.

Best, Vicky

Victoria Esposito-Shea Editor-in-Chief and Co-Founder HandHeldCrime http://www.handheldcrime.com/