Re: RARA-AVIS: My two cents on Spense(r).

From: David White ( dpwhite@eden.rutgers.edu)
Date: 15 Dec 2000

I can't really count POODLE SPRINGS in that list. I mean, who knows what would have happen if Chandler had completed the novel. Maybe in Chapter 4 or 5 Marlowe would have thrown a fit and kicked Loring out or vice versa. I think that relationship may have only lasted the way it did because Parker finished the novel. Otherwise, who knows? (Also it came out after Spenser had already found Susan.)

--Dave