RARA-AVIS: Intro

From: Doubting Thomas ( cze_026@yahoo.com)
Date: 14 Dec 2000

Greetings and Salutation One and All!

I thought I would just break into everyones busy schedule and introduce myself.

My name is Andrew, and I am new to this list. I registered yesterday to be precise.

I am an analytical chemist by trade, and an amateur artist/writer by choice. I am currently working on a second degree in fine art and illustration. I am voracious reader, and my fiction choice is typically mysteries, with Sci-fi and Fantasy pulling in a close 2nd and 3rd.

I have always loved Dorothy L. Sayers' and Agatha Christie's books, but became irrevocably hooked on the mystery genre after reading "A Whiff of Death" by Isaac Asimov. My tastes have led me to a preference towards such characters as Travis McGee, Mike Hammer, Lew Archer, Sam Spade, and even Spenser. In that order no less.

I reside in the barren, cornfield infested region of SE Iowa, somewhere to the left of Nowhere, USA and south of Buggywhip, IA.

I look forward to exchanging ideas, reviews and comaraderie (sp?) with fellow mystery and hardboiled detective buffs. If anyone has any questions of me, feel free to ask. I would welcome the opportunity to get acquainted.

Merry Christmas and God Bless, Andrew