RARA-AVIS: RE: Howard Browne

From: Dick Lochte ( dlock@ix.netcom.com)
Date: 11 Dec 2000

Bill Crider wrote:
> I think you've already read the best of Browne, but you might like THIN
> AIR.

This is the novel that Browne sold to Universal for several hundred bucks and the studio has used its extremely clever gimmick in an episode in just about every hour-long detective show they've produced, including "Rockford." Here's a bit of 'tec trivia. Just this weekend, Evan Hunter told me he sold the book rights to "Thin Air" when he was working at the Scott Meredith Literary Agency. Browne was a client.

Dick Lochte