RE: RARA-AVIS: HB questions

From: sakana@stlnet.com
Date: 06 Dec 2000

i was very disappointed in it as well (and i loved the LA quartet). in my opinion, the few appealing characters disappearing far too soon, and the story was too meandering to hold my interest. it really has turned me off of ellroy-- i'm afraid to read anything new that he writes.

this may be a bit off-topic, but hard-boiled westerns were briefly discussed here several months ago. as a result of that discussion, i got joseph chadwick's TOWN TO TAME and really enjoyed it. can anyone recommend anything else by chadwick, or any other writers in the vein?

martha fischer sakana@stlnet.com <mailto: sakana@stlnet.com>