Re: RARA-AVIS: john d macdonald

From: James Rogers ( jetan@ionet.net)
Date: 29 Nov 2000

-----Original Message----- From: KS < gsp.schoo@skylinc.net> To: rara-avis@icomm.ca < rara-avis@icomm.ca> Date: Wednesday, November 29, 2000 9:56 AM Subject: Re: RARA-AVIS: john d macdonald

>> Yes, but the victim family was far more involved and interesting in the
remake
>> than Peck's decently bland tribe in the original. I like both versions.

           I'll agree that the Mom and the Daughter were more developed in the remake but I thought the Dad came off as a bit of a cipher in both....much more of a cipher than he was in the novel. Also the idea of the villain as a child rapist couldn't have been approached very frankly in the climate of 1950s Hollywood (unless you guys can think of an exception to that).

                                  James