RARA-AVIS: Just a Thought

From: Saunders, Jack (Jack) ( jacksaunders@lucent.com)
Date: 29 Nov 2000

It wasn't a spoof, but I thought the violence in The Last Man Standing was over the top.

In The Red Hot Typewriter, John D. MacDonald and his editor talk about ways to give the books of the series--he wrote three before he published one--a continuity, and discussed letters, numbers, and colors. Colors won. To me, the color in individual titles has no particular influence on subject, or theme, of the book. It wasn't programmatic.

John D. MacDonald liked the movie Victor Nunez made of A Flash of Green.