Re: RARA-AVIS: Stark and stuff

From: Mark Blumenthal ( blumenidiot@21stcentury.net)
Date: 28 Nov 2000

Martha asked,

Has anyone read Garry Disher? He's an Australian writer whom
> Westlake recommends to those who like the Parker books. Pretty clean,
> tight, hard-boiled books with a lead character thief named Wyatt.

I've mentioned Disher a couple of times. Wyatt is almost Parker in Australia. Except for the locale I think the major difference is Wyatt does not have Parker's confidence. I like the The fourth book, Crosskill, best. Like Parker Wyatt manages to convince the 'outfit' (Yes, Disher uses the same term.) that it it is in their best interests to leave him alone.. . Mark