RARA-AVIS: Re: Ed McBain/Evan Hunter

From: Kevin Burton Smith ( kvnsmith@colba.net)
Date: 27 Nov 2000

Juri wrote:

>Now, what's this? I clearly remember writing an answer to this, but it's
>vanished in the byte space. I tried to say that I thought that Hunter is
>now his real name, he has changed it legally.

Hmmm....my original message was all screwed up, too. Maybe I got hold of some bad bytes. Or Juri and I are having simultaneous senior moments. My message should have read:

>And both (Ed McBain and Evan Hunter) are actually pen names, in
>fact. McBain/Hunter's real name is Salvatore Lombino, though the way
>things are going, that'll probably turn out to be a pseudonym of
>Westlake's, or maybe Bill Pronzini or Lawrence Block...

Probably Michael Shayne was the most used pseudonym, but I wonder which HB writer used the most pseudonyms?

--

Kevin Burton Smith The Thrilling Detective Web Site http://www.thrillingdetective.com
With over a thousand private eyes and other tough guys and gals who make trouble their business. -- # To unsubscribe from the regular list, say "unsubscribe rara-avis" to # majordomo@icomm.ca. This will not work for the digest version. # The web pages for the list are at http://www.miskatonic.org/rara-avis/ .