RARA-AVIS: FIRSTS magazine on collecting Hammett

From: William Denton ( buff@pobox.com)
Date: 27 Nov 2000

While I was picking up FLASHFIRE on Friday in the local mystery bookstore, I picked up the November issues of FIRSTS, which has a cover story on collecting Dashiell Hammett, by William Nolan if I remember right. There's also an article about the movie versions of THE MALTESE FALCON, but Eddie Duggan's all over that already and it said nothing new.

They did an article on collecting Chandler earlier this year, it seems, and one on Willeford a while back. The magazine is hard to find here, and I haven't seen those issues.

Bill