RARA-AVIS: Harrington's Dark Ride

From: Mbdlevin@aol.com
Date: 19 Nov 2000

Ron Clinton:
<< Is it worth overcoming my mysterious reluctance to pick up this book - or is
 RIDE another disappointing hardboiled wannabe?

Dark Ride is really grim--great fun. I loaned it to someone who can read just about anything, but Dark Ride made him so anxious, he had to put it down. It's been a few years, but I recall a really intimidating villain who shows up unexpectedly. The book moves in some original, maybe over-the-top ways that alone make it worth reading. Dia...Muertos is good stuff too. Doug