Re: RARA-AVIS: Grofeld

From: Doug Bassett ( dj_bassett@yahoo.com)
Date: 19 Nov 2000

Oddly enough, I feel exactly the opposite. Just read
_The Man with the Getaway Face_ and while I liked it, more or less, the whole thing left me rather cold. Although I think I understand what Westlake was trying to do here, I think, oddly enough, that he's almost too successful doing it. Hard for me to put it into words, but I actually find the Parker novels (I've read a couple of others) sort of dull. I think the Grofeld novels are much more entertaining -- maybe because Grofeld is a more appealing character. At least to me.

I realize this is a completely eccentric opinion.

doug

===== Doug Bassett dj_bassett@yahoo.com