RARA-AVIS: Goldoni, final part

From: Juri Nummelin ( jurnum@utu.fi)
Date: 17 Nov 2000

This is, I hope, the final message on ill-fated Carlo Goldoni.

This is what I found in "The BFI Companion to the Western". My memory served me wrong - again! - and this doesn't concern "Yojimbo" one bit, it's about Sergio Leone's film:

"Partly derived from Kurosawa's samurai film "Yojimbo", partly from Dashiell Hammett's novel "Red Harvest", but most of all from Carlo Goldoni's 18th century play "The Servant of Two Masters"."

Enough of this.

Juri