Re: RARA-AVIS: Plunder Road/Squad

From: Anders Engwall ( Anders.Engwall@uab.ericsson.se)
Date: 14 Nov 2000

Juri Nummelin:

> On Tue, 14 Nov 2000, Anders Engwall wrote:
>
> > This sounds like "The Snatchers". Incidentally, when this was
> > filmed as "The Night of the Following Day", the kidnap victim
> > was an adult, albeit young, woman!
>
> Isn't this the film with Marlon Brando?

Not only that - a *blonde* Brando! Richard Boone is also in it, as the baddest of the bad guys.

> The same director, by the way,
> as in "Plunder Road": Hubert Cornfield!

Well, I'll be...

Btw, I now see in IMDb that Cornfield also adapted Gil Brewer's "Hell's Our Destination" (as "Lure of the Swamp") and Charles Williams' "All the Way" ("The Third Voice"). Seems like an interesting track record.