RARA-AVIS: Hammett Opera

From: Sean Carson ( shc222@is9.nyu.edu)
Date: 13 Nov 2000

Hello.

My apologies to those of you who saw this posting on any other list-servs. For the past year, I've been working on an opera based on Hammett's _Red Harvest_. Another scene is completed, and there will be a scaled-down, unstaged concert of it at the end of the month. Details:

Wednesday, Nov. 29, 8pm Casa Italiana. 24 W. 12th St., New York suggested donation: $2

The scene is a short one, based on the novel's dream sequence (Chapter 21), so it's not a particularly bloody mayhem-filled one. The whole thing is only aobut 6 minutes long.

The concert is sponsored by an NYU student group called "First Performance," and there will be a program featuring several other pieces by MYU student composers along with my scene.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

-Sean Carson shc222@is9.nyu.edu