RARA-AVIS: Plunder Squad

From: Juri Nummelin ( jurnum@utu.fi)
Date: 13 Nov 2000

Just finished Stark's "Plunder Squad" the other night. It was very entertaining and pleasant read and I was left thinking whether Westlake had Lionel White in mind when he wrote this. The title of the book seems to refer to the minor film noir, "Plunder Road", directed by Hubert Cornfield in 1958, which points to the Stanley Kubrick film "The Killing", based on Lionel White's "Clean Break". I was just thinking whether Westlake had this on mind and whether "Plunder Squad" is a not-so-straight homage to White.

Juri