RARA-AVIS: A Question = Sergio & Kurosawa

From: Peter Davis ( yourflesh@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 12 Nov 2000

Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 18:23:45 -0500 From: "John & Carrie" < johncarrie@sprynet.com> Subject: RE: RARA-AVIS: A question

Riochard sed:

> I just watched an interesting movie on Belgium/Dutch television starring
> Bruce Willis, Bruce Dern, Larry Sanderson, Christopher Walken and
> the guy who
> plays the nephew of Tony Soprano. It takes place in the 1930s in
> a border
> town and concerns a war between two gangs over a town called Jerico. I
> enjoyed it. Willis carried two .45s and seemed to shoot everyone
> five times.

Yeah, I can't remember the name but it's an adaptation of Kurosawa's Yojimbo and/or one of the Sergio Leone spagetti westersn with Clint eastwood.

Tribe

Correct on both counts: Yojimbo came first and Leone's "For a Few Dollars More" was the homage/remake... The Willis flick wasn't too bad either but Kurosawa's and Leone's adaptation in kind are infinitely superior in my purview.

Peter Davis Your Flesh Mag