RARA-AVIS: dicks

From: Charles Shafer ( cshafer@chipsnet.com)
Date: 09 Nov 2000

I was a cop for a lotta years, and the first time I saw plastic cuffs was in riot situations. Meaning, when mass arrests were expected. Before that, paddy wagon crews used to carry along dozens of regular handcuffs for when they had to transport a slew of prisoners from one jail to another.

Two Chicago cop friends of mine just had new crime novels released.

Thereshold of Pain, by Dennis Banahan. The Code, by Daniel Schrager

Haven't read them yet, but they're on order.

Charlie