Re: RARA-AVIS: New Black Mask Quarterly

From: a.n.smith ( ansmith@netdoor.com)
Date: 02 Nov 2000

> In the mid-80's Harcourt Brace Jovanovich briefly revived Black Mask,
> naming it The New Black Mask Quarterly. I found a couple of issues I
> bought back then. I recall it being pretty good.
>
> Does anyone know how many issues were published before it folded? And,
> where back issues might be available?

In an interview we did at Plots With Guns, Mark Coggins ("The Immortal Game") said he had a story in issue 4 of NBM, but he said that before he could finish another piece for them, the mag folded. So, at least 4 issues. He also said "It was edited by Richard Layman (one of Hammett's biographers) and published in trade paperback format. "

Neil Smith