Re: RARA-AVIS: November is ... Richard Stark month!

From: Ron Clinton ( r-and-jclinton@email.msn.com)
Date: 31 Oct 2000

> I hereby declare November to be the first of our themed months, and the
> theme will be Richard Stark! > There's a new Parker book coming out in
November, FLASHFIRE, and anyone
> who's able to get a copy can read it and comment

Starting off November a day early, I've had the enviable opportunity to read FLASHFIRE - and it's a *terrific* addition to the Parker legacy. In fact, it's a welcome harkening back to the Parker of old - the true hardboiled, ruthless, cold anti-hero...not the Parker that seemed to "soften" in the last two installements (COMEBACK, BACKFLASH). This one's tough, brutal and violent - and stands up to the very best of the series.

The Stark "Parker" series is bar none my favorite series of the genre - so I'm quite excited to have November so themed and look forward to others' comments.

Ron Clinton