Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: RARA-AVIS, slang query

From: Thomas Johnston ( jimzilla@johnston55.greatxscape.net)
Date: 15 Oct 2000

One slang term for £100 would be 'a ton'; this could also be applied to a speeding car, as in 'doing the ton'.

Jim~>

A bit off topic, so anyone who can answer can send it to me direct. Right, in British racing slang I know what a pony is and a monkey, but is there a term for £100? My old mans a bookie(of a kind) and he doesn't know.
(It's not for me,btw) Thanks in advance and thanks to Bill Jane