Re: RARA-AVIS: Get Carter

From: cooper ( jane@almaludo.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: 14 Oct 2000

Been following the thread, and just the other day found a small articlette in the Darlington and Stockton Times positively crowing about the flopping of the new version. Shadenfreude wasn't in it(I love that word, even if I can't spell it. ) and then they got a bod from the Get Carter Appreciation Society to huff and puff about the sacrilege that had been committed. Fantastic! Parocrial press at its very best.
(I really am sorry about the spelling) Also the bit of industrial coastline that featured in the last scene of the Hodges version has now, after the decimation of the coal industry in the 80s, been cleaned up and is now a nature reserve. And(finally) my husband was taking to someone whose Dad was in the closing scenes of said film, can't remember who though(no not Michael Caine)my memory of the it is a bit fuzzy.Bloke with gun? Who knows. Jane