Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Get Carter

From: Juri Nummelin ( jurnum@utu.fi)
Date: 13 Oct 2000

John Williams wrote:

> I seem to remember that James Crumley was at some point in line to write the
> script for Judge Dredd. Don't know if he ever wrote any of it - certainly
> had nothing to do with the finished version

Have never heard that one, but the film was directed by Danny Cannon, who had earlier directed, oh God, what's it called, the film with Harvey Keitel, "The Young Americans", one of the most celebrated neo-noir films of the early nineties. As for "Judge Dredd", I thought it was only mediocre at best. These stylish action-in-the-future films tend to have a somewhat noirish appearance. But it alone makes no film good.

Juri