Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Get Carter

From: marianne.macdonald@lineone.net
Date: 13 Oct 2000

>Recent HB-ish films, say, post-Pulp fiction
I know I'm about to destroy my reputation entirely, but I happened to watch Judge Dredd last night and was struck by how very much influenced it is by HB-noirish classical movies. I hadn't realised just how self-consciously "down these mean streets a motorcyclist must fly" it was. Rather different from the original comic in this. Yes, yes, confession mode: I enjoyed it a lot. I liked the design, I loved the mugging...I committed quite a lot of ROFLOL-ing, though not as much of the last as with Batman and Robin, which preceded it. Argh! Another wasted evening!

Marianne