Re: RARA-AVIS: The Lineup Tough Guys

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 12 Oct 2000

Juri asked:

"Ron Goulart edited "The Hardboiled Dicks" in 1965, but there's another early anthology in his oeuvre: "The Lineup Tough Guys", from 1967. Does anyone know this book? What does it include?"

I don't have that one, but I do have another anthology that predates Goulart's: As Tough as They Come, edited by Will Oursler, "17 hard-boiled stories of murder and violence by Hammett, Cain, Fisher, Pentecost and others." It's a Permabook from 1951.

Mark