Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Get Carter

From: marianne.macdonald@lineone.net
Date: 11 Oct 2000

I'll probably see (some of) the new Get Carter in about a years' time when I stumble across it on television; but there's an article in this morning's (Wednesday) Guardian which isn't encouraging: about how the studio released it without any previews because they knew that the critics would pan it and they wanted that to happen AFTER they'd had the first weekend's takings, and about a total lack of valid plot or, if the critic is to be believed, anything else bar thumping. It seems unlikely to measure up to the movies Kevin mentioned (er...Payback???) , or The Limey, much less the great Luc Besson w Jean Reno.

Marianne Macdonald