RE: RARA-AVIS: Re: Get Carter

From: John & Carrie ( johncarrie@sprynet.com)
Date: 11 Oct 2000

Bill sed:

> Anyone recommend The Limey?

The Limey is arguably the best noir film of the last ten years. I don't say that lightly. Great acting, great premise, great script. I don't think I'm giving anything away by pointing out that the production incorporates scenes from an early Terrence Stamp film in order to give the current, and much older Stamp, a filmic past. A really good film, Bill.

Interesting that you bring it up in the middle of discussion about the original Get Carter. As good as Get Carter is, The Limey is notches above it.

Just my opinion though. I'm one of those who liked Godard's Alphaville, so go figure.

Tribe